In Attendance: Sally Watson, Paulina O’Brien, Flint Palmer, Sonya Leenders, Kathryn Cameron
Excused: Charisse D’hamers, Karen Schmidt, Greg Dowman
1. Calendar Review
- May 1, Wednesday: Field Utility Board Meeting (FUB) 10:30 am at Field Admin. Flint and Paulina to represent FRAA
- May 13, Monday: Town Hall Meeting 7:00 pm at Field Community Hall. Sonya to chair the meeting
- June 3, Monday: FRAA Board Meeting, 7:00 pm at Field Community Hall
2. Events Recap
Sam Weber “Ain’t It Always a Tour?” at Field Community Hall on Thursday, March 28. Great evening!
3. Events Future
Earth Day, Bunny Hop and Easter Pot Luck Brunch, Monday, April 22: Sonya and Paulina to create poster, decorate, purchase chocolate.
- 9:00 am Meet at Community Hall, bring rubber gloves and bucket or bag(s), select an area to clean and pick up winter-accumulated debris!
- 11:00 am Return to Community Hall, consolidate garbage, photo op
- 11:15 am Bunny Hop – Indoor Easter Egg Hunt!
- 11:30 am Pot Luck Brunch
Spring Fling, Sunday, June 2 at Field Community Hall:
- Field welcomes resident DJs to give generational approach to music!
- Flint talking to DJs, create poster
- Paulina to get liquor license, do liquor order and coordinate sign-up sheets.
St. Joseph Project Fundraiser, Saturday, June 8:
- Dinner and silent auction. In planning phase. Circle the date on your calendar and stay tuned for details!
Garage Sale Event, tentatively scheduled for Saturday, June 15 (depends on dates for spring bins):
- Format discussed, community event, at people’s own homes rather than at Community Hall, advertise in social media, radio.
4. Spring Programs at the Community Hall
HIIT: Thursday evenings with Laura Penner, 7:30 pm to 8:30 pm, $12 drop-in fee. Sunday evenings 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm, no fee.
Just Breathe Yoga: Wednesday evenings 6:00 pm to 7:15 pm until May 29 with Hayley Markel. No classes on April 17 or 24. $70 for all seven classes or $12 drop-in fee
Shake It Up With Pau Pau!: Zoomba on Monday evenings 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm, starting May 27 at the Community Hall. Details TBA!
5. Hall Rentals
April 15 – Parks Canada: Park Planning Open House 4 pm to 6:30 pm
May 31, June 1 and 2 – Yoga
June 21, 22 and 23 – Jill Drader
August 16, 17 and 18 – Erin Evans
October 18, 19 and 20 – Jill Drader
November 8, 9 and 10 – Jill Drader
If you are interested in renting the Community Hall, please send an email to email@example.com.
6. Constitution Update
Andrew Bartels, Sonya Leenders and Kathryn Cameron to:
- identify current operations and programs
- research by-law suggestions
- examine current Constitution to determine what to keep and what to strike
- develop draft to discuss with community
- 7. BC Hydro Conference Call, Tuesday, March 26: Communications Protocols and contact information confirmed; role of FRAA in emergency situation; discussed Twitter notification system when battery (ESF) is in service; new cell to be installed in ESF in May, currently operating at 90%; current BC Hydro Fire Protocols for ESF to be shared with Field Fire and Rescue; ensure training is up to date; BC Hydro working with CP Rail on tree removal along line in September.
8. Emergency Plan Update:
- Initial meeting March 15 with Parks Canada, Field Fire and Rescue, BC Emergency Health Services and FRAA to update contact information and protocols in the event of a power outage.
- When the updated protocol has been jointly agreed on by Parks Canada and BC Hydro it will be circulated.
- First step in updating Field Emergency Plan.
- Second meeting scheduled for April 24, 2019 to look at protocols in Field Emergency Plan for Motor Vehicle Incident with mass casualties.
9. St. Joseph Project
- Final report for Columbia Shuswap Regional District (CSRD) grant for $5000 submitted April 8, 2019. Money was spent on the lot survey ($3,786.83) and part of the conceptual plan cost to date ($1,213.17)
- BC Built Heritage Grant for $300,000 submitted to Columbia Basin Trust on March 14
- Dinner and Silent Auction fundraiser planned for June
- Discussing other grant applications
- Conceptual plan revision in process
- Development Permit process started
10. Field Summer Music Festival: Sunday, July 7 – Flint
- Exciting line up of performers
- Tier one tickets on sale now $35, available by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
- On Facebook: Field Summer Music Festival
- Received $1000 grant from Columbia Valley Credit Union, applying to CSRD for funding
- Continue to work on plans for food, toilets, parking, vendors, poster
12. Round Table Discussion
Sonya in talks with Golden-Field RCMP Victim Services Coordinator Neela Wolfe about a presentation on Community Safety with focus on Sexual Misconduct or Inappropriate Behaviour in the Work Environment to give people information on what to do and where to go for assistance. Education, awareness, knowledge. Could be presented at next Town Hall Meeting on May 13. This is an opportunity for employers to develop training sessions for staff, ongoing education for managers and employees. Also educational opportunity for clients to understand acceptable behaviour in a social /professional setting.
13. FUB Agenda – Wednesday, May 1, 2019 10:30 am Field Admin
1. Quarterly Reports – all four quarters to review
2. Snow Removal – We need a more reliable system:
- Identify snow dump sites that do not include the flower beds in front of the superintendent’s house, in front of the church nor on private property
- Piles of snow on 1st Avenue between 1st Street and Centre Street were not removed all winter. Safety issue re: lines of site for pedestrians and drivers exiting driveways. Covered storm drains which are still frozen and not able to help drain snowmelt as designed. Huge piles of snow create hidden spaces for vandalism and vehicle theft.
- Goal is a professional and respectful relationship between residents and highways crew.
- We had two major snow events this winter, one in early January and one in early February. The rest of the winter was fairly dry.
- FRAA requests a meeting with Townsites and Highways Manager and Supervisors in October 2019 for winter snow removal plan for next winter
- FRAA AGM in November good time to remind residents of guidelines for snow removal from sidewalks/driveways on lease
3. Water Meters – Results of discussion with Assets re: process to secure readings and potential for inaccurate readings
4. Spring Bins – FRAA suggests dates that cover June 10 through 17
5. Street Sweeper – ETA? Sooner rather than later will mitigate high dust levels we’re experiencing now.
14. Town Hall Meeting Agenda – Monday, May 13, 2019 7:00 pm Field Community Hall
Presentation (To be confirmed)
Parks Canada Reports
Friends of Yoho
Field Fire and Rescue
Round Table Discussion