In Attendance: Sonya Leenders, Sally Watson, Kathryn Cameron
Excused: Flint Palmer, Paulina O’Brien, Greg Dowman
1. Community Garden Proposal
Submitted to Parks Canada by Sonya and Andrea. We’ll keep you posted.
2. Flower Beds at Superintendent’s Residence
Burlap protection very effective; there was not much gravel contamination this year. Kudos to snow plough operators for keeping the area relatively clean this winter!
3. RCMP Report from Sergeant Rob Haney, Golden – Field Detachment
- Traffic Services concentrating on speed enforcement, not enforcing “essential travel only” which is a recommendation, not legislation.
- Integrated Road Safety Unit will have a strong presence on Highway 1 between the Alberta/British Columbia boarder and Sicamous on the long weekend, starting May 14 in Field and Golden area.
- Discussion about Rural Crime Watch Program. Field was part of the Neighbourhood Watch Program until it was disbanded. Field is not currently part of the Rural Crime Watch Program.
4. Community Bulletin Board
Design and content in process. Focus on Community Health and Safety with information about British Columbia recommendations and orders re: Covid-19, community news and information.
5. Programs and Meetings
- Interior Health Public Order, dated April 2, 2020 and in place until May 31, 2020, prohibits operation of “a gym, fitness centre, training studio, yoga studio, exercise room , or similar facility”. File attached for reference. So, no HIIT or Yoga for now.
- The Board discussed the possibility of holding a Town Hall Meeting in June. We will use our best judgement based on provincial guidelines and the risks to all people involved.
- Field Utility Board Meeting rescheduled for May 20, 2020 by conference call.
6. Constitution Update
Revision done February 11, 2020 to be circulated to Board for comment.